Sign Up for Hidradenitis Suppurativa Clinical Studies
- Clinical Trials are of two types, commercial and academic.
- Commercial Clinical Trials are generally sponsored by the drug companies investigating the safety and effectiveness of their products.
- Academic Clinical Trials are sponsored by the academic institution with the assistance of research grants from various sources, from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), through departmental research funds at numerous universities, to grants provided by foundations like HSF.
- Any clinical trial that involves ‘interventions’ like drugs or surgical procedures should be registered at https://clinicaltrials.gov.
Please visit clinicaltrials.gov to search for trials on Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
From that site:
- “ClinicalTrials.gov is a registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world.”
The HS Foundation is pleased to make you aware of clinical trial opportunities as they become available.
Clinical trial opportunities can be searched on the clinicaltrials.gov website, by searching “hidradenitis suppurativa” as the key word.
All posted research opportunities have obtained ethical approval to conduct human subject research by an Institutional Review Board (IRB) in the United States, as required by law. The sponsor and investigator of a given study are responsible for compliance of regulatory requirements and the overall conduct of any research.